- Your silent history: I was delighted to see Mary Beard touch on so many themes familiar to readers of The Eloquent Woman in her essay "The Public Voice of Women." Learn the history of how women have been silenced, and what it means for women who speak up today.
- Pin these speakers: Here's a clever use for Pinterest: A board of women in technology who'd be good speakers, called "Mics to Watch Out For." Will you try this?
- Fly without slides: How to speak like a pro without slides will help you put that remote down and face your audience.
- Knowing when to shut up can be as important as knowing when to speak up. A guide to the cultural considerations of talking or not talking.
- This week on the blog, we'll look at the role handbags have played in women's public speaking, and a young woman's moving speech about women and body image.
- About the quote: As a speaker coach, I'm always for preparation and opportunity for my clients. Call that luck if you must...
Monday, February 24, 2014
Posted by Denise Graveline at Monday, February 24, 2014