- Influential speech: Malala Yousafzai says Emma Watson's UN speech helped her self-identify as a feminist.
- Leading the way, part I: The American Association for the Advancement of Science has a new code of conduct that encompasses harrassment. Read, use, and share.
- Leading the way, part II: I'm proud to coach speakers at the TEDMED conference, and here's one reason: 52% of our speakers this year were women.
- Shame on them: Facebook removed a photographer's post of a family holiday photo in which the mother and daughters had duct tape over their mouths, and the men in the family had a sign that said "Peace on Earth." Just in case you didn't know that society wants women to be silent.
- Did you miss? Last week on the blog, we interviewed the editors of Technically Speaking about women speakers in tech, and we celebrated our 200th Famous Speech Friday post with a roundup of your favorite famous speeches by women on the blog. Please share the Index as a resource for your colleagues and friends.
- About the quote: Speaker wisdom from the great Shonda Rhimes. Just be yourself, eloquent women.
Monday, December 21, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: