- Salut! Toasts are a short--but tricky--form of public speaking. I shared a few to practice for New Year's Eve, or any occasion.
- I feel like you should read this: This post got the most reaction last week: Stop saying 'I feel like' argues against dismissing your opinion before it even gets out of your mouth.
- Dial direct: The great astronomer Vera Rubin died over the holidays. "Whenever she came across a conference agenda that included few or no women speakers, she would call up the organizers and 'tell them they have a problem and need to fix it'."
- Did you miss? This week, the blog looked at the top 10 most-read posts on the blog in 2016, and Famous Speech Friday shared my take on the 10 most important speeches by women in 2016. Taken together, these posts are a great way to get ready for your 2017 speaking year.
- About the quote: Wisdom from the great designer Coco Chanel. Find more quotes like this one on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, January 2, 2017
Savvy speakers keep up with my wide-ranging reading list on women and public speaking by following The Eloquent Woman on Facebook, where these links and articles appear first. I always collect them here for you on Mondays as well. It's a great way to expand your public speaking knowledge:
Posted by Denise Graveline at Monday, January 02, 2017